Publish a PhD thesis
As part of the requirements to receive a PhD degree from Jacobs University, the PhD thesis must be published within one year after the successful defense (cf. the university’s academic policies). One possibility of fulfilling this requirement is to publish the digital version of a PhD thesis on the World Wide Web through the IRC/Library.
In order to submit your PhD thesis to the IRC/Library for publication, you must:
- Read the Guide for Publishing a Dissertation
- Contact the IRC Publications Officer and declare your intention to publish through the IRC/Library
- Upon confirmation by the IRC Publications Officer, upload your PhD thesis
The submission of your PhD thesis for publication is not to be confused with the submission of your PhD thesis for the reviewing process. For the latter, see information relevant to the reviewing process.
You may also want to:
- View all PhD theses published online through IRC/Library so far.
Publish a technical report
The Technical Reports of Jacobs University Bremen are written to convey new developments or final results of scientific and technical research. These can be found online.
Please prepare your report in pdf format; Postscript or Word is also possible but not encouraged.
- If you use LaTeX, employ the LaTeX template that includes this university logo.
- If you use Word, employ the Word template.
- Please also prepare an abstract that is going to be published with the report on the technical report webpage. Please use simple text or Word for this abstract.
Technical reports must be approved by a standing editorial team comprised of the two following faculty members:
In case of doubt they will consult with Research and Transfer. Please email your submission (report and abstract) to the two responsible faculty members. Upon approval your report will be published online.